Monday 28 March 2011

The Development of my Magazine cover


At the moment I am in the process of creating my magazine, I have a basic structure to my magazine however, I know that the focal image is an important convention of a magazine. Therefore, I have two drafts which I have done using different images to see which I prefer. I will ask a few people which they prefer.
Personally, I prefer the top magazine, I think that all the conventions stand out much more with this image, the image has been edited on photoshop and I edited the eyes to white to add to the effect of death. The colours are much more prominent for this magazine and the medium close up is on of the convetions which I noticed that many other Film magazines use.
However, I like the other magazine aswell, I like the picture and the layout, the head overlapping the title makes the magazine more professional and show my capablity to edit on photoshop.

However, I think that this magazine does not stand out mas much as the focal image uses dull colours and I don't think it stand out as much in contrast to other magazine I have seen.

The structure of the both magazines are the same however I have just inverted the colours to make then stand out against the background colour.

These magazines are unfinished at the moment, as I need to add more text and stand heading to make the magazine more stereotypical. I just wanted to contrast the two magazine to see which I prefer, this is one level of editing which I wanted to show, which shows the process of the development of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment